Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I invite a shy, extremely quiet girl to hang out?

Recently I've been wanting to make a lot of new friends, and there's this girl in one of my classes that hardly ever talks, but I'm interested in becoming friends with her (just take my word that she seems cool if you get to know her). I'm somewhat of a comedian in that class, so I don't know if it's intimidating for a shy person to initiate a conversation or not. So far I've thrown an eraser at her (playfully) and talked to her a little when we were doing a group project. Should I just randomly say, ';Hey, wanna go shopping some time?'; or would that be a little strange?How do I invite a shy, extremely quiet girl to hang out?
I've had this same experience... I'm very outgoing and wondered how I could approach a girl who was super shy... I just started slow and wasnt as loud and out there as usual. I just asked her how her day was, asked about her interests but didnt get too pushy.... We are now really good friends!!!How do I invite a shy, extremely quiet girl to hang out?
dont throw erasers at her!!! playing or not...just go up to her and say 'hey, wanna hang oout some time?' dont bring her shyness into it...just ask like u've known her forever BUT BACK OFF IF SHES NOT INTERESTED...DONT KEEP BUGGING HER!
Best thing to do to break the ice is invite her to do something that is with a school group or has something to do with a class (lecture, art show, play, ect). that way there won't be any ';date'; pressure. Once you've done something safe like this she might be a lot more willing to go out. I know one guy that won my heart in high school by asking me to join his eco-club. After that we ended up spending a lot of time together in the name of the club and soon we were dating.
if she seems poor at all it would be an insult like you think she would wear better clothes believe me i went through it i was poor and extremely shy.it's better to eat lunch together to start with.and if you have a snack that she never heard of share some with her so she can try it.
Yes, you're a rewally nice person for noticing her, and she'll probably say yes to go shopping, if she's really smart ask her if she wants to hang at ur house to do some hw. Thats how i became friends with my bffl Izel %26lt;3 good luck!
yeah go for it. who knows you might just break her out of that shell
if you don't ask you will never know.
dont just say ';hey lets go shopping'; ask a question adn gradually u will start getting into a conversation. then u can say lets go shopping
no, that's not strange.


my friend over aim asked to go to the movies and i was surprised but always happy to know someone likes me!
Go for it! I like making new friends too. I think you should go for it!
It would be a bit strange.


Its best to first start with a group activity with some one she knows and someone you know.


just ask her if she wants to go shopping with you and some other people and to bring a friend.


and then later on ask her to hang out with you.
get to know her better first. if she is quite and shy and the class loud mouth who throws stuff at her (!why!?!) asks her to hang out she might think you are making fun of her. i would say get talking, ask her to do something that conversation naturally reveals you have in common. good luck though, it sounds like a great idea.
just talk to her about something and then when she feels comfortable around you, then you guys can hang out
go for it its geat making new friends
just say something like.. hey i didnt have anything to do this weekend and i was wondering if you wanted to hang out? like say that you didnt have anything to do and you just wanted to hang out with someone new and do something fun
think of something that you could talk about for example like maybe she has a ipod or something ovb with her at the time..and then you can ask her a Q abt that...if you get waht i mean..to break the ice and then take it from there
Try to help her feel comfortable. Odds are, she doesn't know that you want to hang out, and she might be a little bit surprised by it. Make talking to her a habit, so that she's not scared, or, like you said, intimidated. Once you and her have talked a bit in class, ask her what she likes to do, then go from there. And good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment